Monday, January 1, 2018

Basic Instruments in Indian Classical Music: 
 Part I - Baithak




Hi friends,
I know that in last two days, everyone’s laptops and mobiles were flooded by the Happy New Year messages. Whenever I say Happy New Year to some one, the thought comes in my mind that really am I too great to bless someone? and then I realize that actually whenever we  say happy New Year to someone, we pray God and say that “May his / her New Year be happy”. Keeping other words hidden we only say “Happy New Year”.


For praying God, Music is one of the best medium. There is a word Nadopasana, (Naad means melodious sound with specific frequency range and upaasana means worship) means praying God or worshiping God through music. So I think that there is no better way of welcoming New Year or wishing someone for New Year, than the melodious musical notes.  Now, on our blog I can’t present the melodious musical notes for you 😁. Instead, I have designed  this “Baithak” (a special type of arrangement usually done for the program of Indian classical music) of Indian Classical Music by Crochet Work.

"Baithak" for Indian Classical Music with artists
For those who are not aware of the word Baithak,  here I am giving the photo of general Baithak for Indian classical music. Usually singer sits in the centre and along with singing he / she plays the tanpura himself / herself. Then Tabla on the right side of the singer and harmonium on left side of the singer. Many singer prefer to sit and sing only in such cases tanpura accompany sits on his / her back side.

 
Harmonium
When first time there was a thought in my mind to crochet musical instrument, I started surfing whether there is any crochet instrument pattern already on internet. I found some of the western instruments like Gitar and Piano but not any Indian instruments for classical music, such as Tanpura, Tabla, Harmonium etc. So I decided to crochet harmonium. After completing harmonium as per my satisfaction then my confidence level increased and I decided to crochet the complete Baithak means all these six parts and finally it was a successful project. 
Hope that you will like them all.

Till this project, I cannot say myself as crochet designer because though I have crocheted many things just by seeing the items (without having pattern) but this is the first time I designed these instruments myself without any crocheted instrument in front of my eyes or pattern of them. So now I can say that I am the designer of these musical instruments.

I have crocheted in all six items in this baithak arrangement, as harmonium, tabla, dagga, the base of tabla and dagga, tanpura, rug and the load behind. 
Tabla and Dagga

Base for Tabla and Dagga



Tanpura


Coshion (lod)
Rug (galicha)

Detail instructions of each one will be given in upcoming
"Basic Instruments in Indian Classical Music" parts II to V

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am glad to see that you open the blog and write the comment here.

      Delete
    2. It's really unique and amazing idea for saying Happy new year and this only comes to ur mind mam because u r unique. Happy New year from me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Priyanka.I am very to see that you open the blog and comment here.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! Wow, your crochet is amazing! these instruments look like real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ninetta. I am always inspired by your comment. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing rather beyond immagination.naturally for us. Nothing is difficult for u.YOU R GREAT. No words to praise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sadhana. Being a sister you praise this too much. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative! Love the detail on each one of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Kalopasak's Crochet Articles Exhibition at Pune Part 2

  https://youtu.be/id_-i8QCVvc ता. १५-२-२०२४: शेवटी निघायचा दिवस आला. प्रतीक ९. ३० लाच साधना आणि राजेंद्र रावांना आणायला गेला. माझे जवळपास १...