Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sofa Chair Backs and Other Home Decorative:



Hi friends, 
Every one has special affection about his / her first owned home, same here. So when we have purchased our first home, I was so excited that I wanted to do so many home decorative items for our new home.  Then I made  this pink colored crocheted chair back, teapoy table cover and round motif which I had made in 1985. They are still in better condition because after using it 7-8 years we changed the cushions then they were not fitting them so kept aside. In last week I took them out and have these photos.



The design of the chair backs is demonstrated as a "table-lamp cover" in some book but now neither I have that book nor I remember it's name. I am so sorry to the author of that book. If any one of my crochter friend knew this book then he / she may write it in comments so that I can correct myself.




Teapoy table cover may also be in that book, but the string of small cluster balls of crochet is my addition to that.

This last motif is from the book, Crochet For the Home by Indori Publishing Company.
The thread used for the complete set is Cotton crochet yarn size 10.

I had made two beaded curtains, out of which one was made of 10 strings each containing these glass tubes and plastic beads with peacock feather attached at the end. Let me clear one point that at that time I am not aware of the fact that we should not use peacock feather for our luxury. 





Another curtain, I remember was made of 5 strips of red colored beads and the pattern was as shown in the last photo. Actually this is beaded rangoli design that I had posted earlier on 21st Oct but unfortunately now I don't have photos of those curtain.

















7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!!!! Add more beauty in your work. Try colored threads. Make it colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sumant. I will definitely try by color thread.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah!! Liked teapoy cover and circular geometric pattern the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes , I agree to the fact that your creations did add lot of beauty to your home.

    ReplyDelete

Kalopasak's Crochet Articles Exhibition at Pune Part 2

  https://youtu.be/id_-i8QCVvc ता. १५-२-२०२४: शेवटी निघायचा दिवस आला. प्रतीक ९. ३० लाच साधना आणि राजेंद्र रावांना आणायला गेला. माझे जवळपास १...