Saturday, September 16, 2017

Crochet Furniture For My Grand Daughter:


Childhood memories are always special for every one. We used to play "Bhatukali", a game generally girls played. Bhatukali was played with set of kitchen utensils in small size and the girl supposed to be head of that family with dolls as her kids etc. In India marriage is very important and a big ceremony so in Bhatukali also there happens to be Doll's marriage and all. We enjoyed this play a lot with my sister Sandhya and 2 friends.With some difference, I think it must be played all over the world.

Bhatukali of my daughter


I also remember that we used to make a doll because we didn't have beautiful dolls as Barbie etc. We used to bring chindhya, stuff or small pieces of cloths (which remain after cutting of the dress) from one of our familiar tailor, Jadhav and then make dolls, one girl and one boy. Then arrange their marriage. Later on I also got a plastic doll and so on...  Childhood memories makes every one nostalgic.

The reason that so many thoughts thronged in my mind is that from last 5 months  I am also with my grandson and grand daughter. Totally in aaji's roll (grandma's roll).

In between I saw the photo of Doll's Furniture by Annie's Attic, I was mad, one complete Saturday I was trying to make sofa chair. To some extend it was OK but not same as the photo. Then I told this to my daughter in law, Priya and shown that Annie's furniture photo. She was also so impressed that she said, I will buy the pattern for you then she bought from Etsy and the day I got that pattern, when ever I had time I took crochet needle in my hands for this set and finally it was complete. I was so happy, perhaps more happy than my granddaughter would be.

The soft copy of the pattern also has one magazine basket, round pillow and one afghan which I have not crocheted. Instead I crocheted "Flower Pot with flowers" which is not in that pattern.
No need to say that my grand daughter was so happy.

Through this blog I want to say "A Big Thanks to Annie's Attic" for creating such a wonderful pattern. Thanks once again.

Same furniture from different angle

14 comments:

Doily

Friends,  Here is the beautiful pattern of Doily. Actally I made it as one of the Dinner set Plate Decor. The following video shows other th...